Let's start with an introduction




Welcome here, I'm Edvard Rozsa. N°08 will not be a classic blog, much more an illustrated and popular way to classify my growing Opinel collection. I'll try to make good photos and to gather as many informations as possible about the presented models – I think that these are really missing on the web. You can help me with your comments, any complementary infos are welcome in english too. (FYI, the strange language you can see below is my mother tongue: Hungarian.) I don't promise to post too often, anyway, the subject will last just longer. Even with one post per week my actual collection will last more than a whole year, but new buyings will arrive continuously. Over and above, you know, Opinel is inherently eternal, so, there's no problem at all.

Bienvenu ici, je suis Edvard Rozsa. N°08 ne sera pas un blog classique, plutôt une classification illustrée et populaire de ma collection grandissante d'Opinels. J'essairai de faire des belles photos et de réunir le plus d'informations possible modèle par modèle – je trouve que ces deux manquent beaucoup sur le net. Tu pourras m'aider, toutes infos complémentaires seront les bienvenues en français aussi. (Pour ton information, la langue étrange que tu peux remarquer ci-dessous est ma langue maternelle : le hongrois.) Je ne promets pas de poster très souvent, mais le sujet va durer d'autant plus longtemps ainsi. Meme avec un post par semaine ma collection actuelle suffira pour plus qu'une année complète, mais il y aura constamment des nouveaux-venus aussi. En plus, on sait que l'Opinel est intrinsèquement éternel – donc pas de problème.

Üdvözöllek, Rózsa Edvárd vagyok. A N°08 nem igazán klasszikus blog lesz, inkább növekvő Opinel-gyűjteményem képes, népszerű rendszerezése. Igyekszem szép fotókat készíteni, és egy-egy modellről a legtöbb infót összegyűjteni és leírni – ezekből ugyanis hiány mutatkozik a neten. Nem ígérek túl gyakori frissülést, így viszont annál tovább kitart a téma. A mostani gyűjteményem már heti egy poszttal is elég több, mint egy évre, és közben meg úgyis jönnek az új szerzemények. Ráadásul mint tudjuk, az Opinel eredendően örök, úgyhogy semmi gond.










5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great collection!

    I am an Opinel fan and have been since I purchased one as a backpacking knife back in the late '70s from a mailorder company called Early Winters. I just wish that we could get some of the models that you exhibit here in the US, but unfortunately, I have access to very few models or special releases. Perhaps is fortunate, since I would probably spend my meager earnings on a large collection too! :)

    Again, thanks for posting. I particularly like the picture with the special edition annuals from 2004 to 2009 with the laser-engraved wooden handles. I love the woods. Can you tell us more?

    Jeff Jenness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeff,

      thanks for the kind words!

      As far as I know, Early Winters was one of the main resellers of Opinel knives in the US. On eBay we can still find older Opinels with Early Winters labels. ;)

      These special editions were made for the annual knife festival in Nontron, France. The wood species from left to right are: boxwood, walnut, oak, beech, padauk, palisander and zebrali. The 2010 model (wich was unfortunately the last one too) is missing from this photo and has a rosewood handle. Later I will dedicate a post to this series, of course. ;)

      Regards,
      Ed

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I've wandered along from British Blades forum, what a great collection.
    I have a small sampling of Opinels, 4, 6, a few 8's 12 and a 12 saw, I'm afraid that I've attacked them all to a greater or lesser degree with a Dremel (or a Ryobi posing as a Dremel), the 12 was going well until I had a breakthrough, not of the good kind! The saw is new in box and is just cringing in the spares drawer waiting for the sound of multitool.
    They are fun to make your own and not too costly if you do mess up. The #12 is going to get a wood graft where I went too deep sometime soon.
    Best regards.
    8steve88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi 8steve88, in fact, Opinel is a wonderful subject to make your own, to modify, to pimp or to make all custom handles matching the blade and the ring.
      So just keep on! ;)
      Regards,
      Ed

      Delete
  3. Ezúton gratulálok Ed, hogy az Opinel hivatalosan is szakértővé avanzsált :-)

    ReplyDelete